I wish you deserved better

For the longest time I questioned your judgement. I wondered why you would make the choices you make and why you would put up with and take the things that you take. I kept thinking to myself, you can do better. You deserve better. But maybe I just wish you did.

I wish you had the right to say, "I refuse to deal with a 'man' who smokes and drinks. I refuse to deal with a 'man' who cheats. All the loud talking, cursing and rudeness, it's just not for me. Video games, not so much. And if it's not right in my spirit, then there is no us. "

For the longest time, I prayed for your spirit of discernment to be strong enough to guide you through. Now, I can only pray God's mercy for you. I wish you deserved better. But honestly, you don't. And as much as I hate to accept it, you reap what you sow.